“With Nourish, you literally have a serum that can be used on hair, face and body.”
– Dana Jackson, Beneath Your Mask founder
EXPERT TIPS FROM THE FOUNDER:
- Mix with conditioner and let it sit for 30 minutes for soft, healthy hair.
- Apply as your face serum for extra nourishment and glow.
- Mix a few drops into powder masks for a moisturizing boost and to promote a smooth complexion.
- Mix with your favorite powder foundation to create an even, luminous finish.
- To tame frizz and flyaways, apply to hair ends.
- Apply to hair before drying to use as heat protectant.
- Use as your all-over body/face/hair moisturizer when traveling.
HEMP SEED OIL promotes healing and balances oil. Softens and strengthens hair.
NEEM OIL smoothes wrinkles and fine lines, repairs damaged hair cuticles and reduces dandruff and frizz
LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL imparts even and glowing skin, thickens hair and adds luster
CEDARWOOD ESSENTIAL OIL tightens and tones skin, protects hair from heat damage
Q + A with Dana Jackson, Founder of Beneath Your Mask
When/how do you love to use the product?
The uses are endless, but a few of my favorite ways to use it are mixing a few drops with conditioner and sitting under the steamer or letting sit for 30 minutes. I also love to use it as a face serum or mixing a few drops into my powdered face masks for an extra boost and glow.
What inspired the product/ingredients?
Everything we put on our hair essentially gets onto our skin. Nourish was inspired by the need for a hydrating, conditioning and strengthening hair product that would double as an amazing product for your skin as well. I have really sensitive skin, and anything I put on my hair would break me out. I would literally get anxiety about working out because I didn’t want traditional hair products sweating into my skin. With Nourish, you literally have a serum that can be used on hair, face and body without causing adverse effects on any of those areas. I love a good multitasker!
How long has it been part of the line?
Since we launched in December 2016, and it was the 2nd product I created.
Can you give us some insight on the ingredient formulation process?
When formulating Nourish I wanted to include non-comedogenic oils that strengthen, hydrate and protect hair and encourage growth while also improving skin’s texture, balancing sebum, reducing acne and treating scarring.