“Balancing Act is super lightweight and fast-absorbing, leaving a beautiful matte finish on the skin!”
– Elysse Crabtree, Wabi-Sabi Botanicals founder
EXPERT TIPS FROM THE FOUNDER:
- Use as a targeted treatment to balance skin/areas that lend itself to oiliness and breakouts. Roll directly onto areas that need attention.
- As a daily moisturizer for all skin types roll onto cheeks, forehead and chin and massage into skin for a smooth, balanced complexion. Drier skin types may want to compliment with a moisturizer on top.
- Perfect as a makeup primer, the super lightweight and fast-absorbing formula leaves a matte finish.
- Mix with your favorite face oil or cream by rolling into your palm, then add your moisturizer, mix and apply to face.
- For acne-prone skin types, use together with Wabi-Sabi Botanicals’ Blemish Correct Serum – apply Blemish Correct as a spot treatment with a layer of Balancing Act all over the face.
GUAVA SEED OIL soothes, firms and protects skin from environmental damage
Peruvian SACHA INCHI SEED OIL helps reduce appearance of scarring and wrinkles, balances acne-prone skin and rebuilds the skin’s natural protective barrier.
BORAGE SEED OIL helps regulate hormonal imbalances, calms inflammation and hydrates thanks to high levels of Gamma Linoleic Acid
BRAZILIAN TIGER’S EYE reduces feelings of anxiety, promotes self-confidence and balances hormones
Q + A with Elysse Crabtree, Founder of Wabi-Sabi Botanicals
When/how do you love to use the product?
This Limited Edition version of Balancing Act is made with fresh Guava Seed Oil pressed from rare Red Guava Seeds (as opposed to the usual White Guava Seeds) making it even more potent, powerful, and unique than the original formula. Don’t worry – the natural terracotta hue of the oil is thanks to all of the vitamins and nutrients in fresh Guava Seed Oil and won’t stain your skin!
Roll Balancing Act onto skin anywhere you experience a skin ‘imbalance’ – ie. excess sebum, breakouts. Use the pads of your fingers to massage into skin. If you tend to get oily around your T-zone, roll Balancing Act directly onto your T-zone morning and evening to help balance sebum production. If you’re prone to breakouts, use Balancing Act alone or in conjunction with our Blemish Correct serum, applying Blemish Correct as a spot treatment with a layer of Balancing Act applied all over the face.
While it doesn’t look it, Balancing Act is super lightweight and fast-absorbing, leaving a beautiful matte finish on the skin! This makes it perfect for use as a makeup primer. Simply roll onto cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose and massage into skin before applying makeup for the perfect silicone primer alternative.
What inspired the product/ingredients?
I’ve always loved Guava Seed Oil. It’s a by-product of the Guava juice/puree industry in Brazil – normally the seeds would be discarded and go to waste. But our supplier cold-presses them to release a beautiful, lightweight, fast-absorbing oil that is the primary ingredient in Balancing Act.
How long has it been part of the line?
Balancing Act launched with the other four Intensif serums in January of 2018.
Can you give us some insight on the ingredient formulation process?
The formulation process is very intuitive for me, but there’s also a science element to it. Studies have shown that oily and acne-prone skin lack certain essential fatty acids – namely, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. So the ingredients that came together for this particular formula are extraordinarily high in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.
What is the star ingredient in the product and why?
All three of the ingredients are stars! But I do have a particular love for Guava Seed Oil – the story behind it, the texture, the fresh Guava scent, how quickly it absorbs.