“This is a moisture-replenishing, barrier repairing, deeply conditioning mask for all skin types, especially dry, imbalanced, stressed, or with a compromised skin barrier.”
– Ava Zhan, Earthwise Beauty Founder
We’re here with pro tips from the founder so you can get the most out of this hydrating and revitalizing formula new to Earthwsie Beauty.
Transport to ancient Egypt with a restorative face mask from sweetly fragrant elemi resin, birch tree bark, and nurturing licorice and marshmallow roots. Emerge with a refreshed, deeply hydrated and visibly brighter complexion.
EXPERT TIPS FROM THE FOUNDER:
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of the powder and mix with just enough water to achieve a workable, moist paste.
- Apply onto freshly washed, towel-dried skin and leave on for 30 minutes, occasionally misting with a hydrosol or facial toner to keep the mask active.
- Remove with cotton rounds or a wetted face towel.
- PRO TIP: For an even more nurturing mask, add 1 to 4 drops of a facial oil or oil-based serum to the paste, such as Magical Babassu Face Oil or Ruby Face Oil. Replace the water with Cistus and Moonlight Face Mist for yet another variation and an interesting scent twist.
BIRCH BARK is sustainably sourced, dried, and milled, providing an invigorating scent reminiscent of wintergreen. High concentration of betulinic acid stimulates collagen synthesis.
ASTRAGALUS ROOT supports immune system and improves skin clarity, texture and moisture levels.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT soothes, softens and hydrates.
LICORICE ROOT increases benefits of other herbs while brightening and addressing dark spots.
CHICKWEED improves skin moisture levels and reduces surface redness.
COMFREY ROOT has moisture-retention, protective, and soothing properties. Helps alleviate dry skin and has balancing properties for eczema and psoriasis.
PLAI is known for pain-reducing, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. Helpful for painful conditions including facial neuralgia and some forms of acne blemishes.
ELEMI RESIN has healing properties and has been traditionally used to maintain youthful-looking, supple skin.